EFL
Chris Wilder breaks silence on Sheffield United ownership turmoil and transfer impact
Chris Wilder has reiterated that his priority is keeping Sheffield United focused on football despite the latest ownership turmoil surrounding Bramall Lane.
The Blades have endured another difficult week away from the pitch, with the company used by Steve Rosen and Helmy Eltoukhy to purchase the club being wound up. The situation has raised fresh questions over the ownership structure, with the EFL and Independent Football Regulator both examining developments.

Prince Abdullah’s United World, which brought the winding-up petition, has also warned that Sheffield United could potentially face a 12-point deduction.
Speaking ahead of Saturday’s trip to Swansea City, Wilder said he had been briefed by the owners about the situation but insisted that discussing the ownership dispute was not his responsibility.
The Sheffield United boss stressed that his job is to prepare his players properly and ensure they are ready for what he expects to be a difficult away fixture.
Wilder also respected the club’s decision to issue only a brief statement following the winding-up order and said he had nothing further to add. He acknowledged that supporters understandably want more information, but believes his attention must remain on improving the team.
The ongoing uncertainty has also affected Sheffield United’s recruitment plans, with the club increasingly looking towards loan deals and free transfers before the September 1 deadline.
Wilder admitted that the ownership dispute makes it more difficult to convince potential signings to join the club, with players naturally questioning the Blades’ ambitions and future direction.
He said he has already discussed those concerns with his squad, while Steve Bettis and the ownership group have also spoken to the players.
Despite the latest problems, Wilder insists he must use his leadership experience to keep the squad focused and ensure the off-field uncertainty does not become a distraction.
The manager has faced difficult situations throughout his career, including previous ownership disputes and financial problems, but admitted that he would rather be working in calmer circumstances.
For now, Wilder’s message is clear: Sheffield United must concentrate on what happens on the pitch while the ownership dispute is resolved away from it.
-
EFL3 months agoFlynn Downes statement on Tonda Eckert at Southampton triggers response in ‘Spygate’ row
-
EFL3 months agoBreaking news: Lawyer delivers verdict on potential Southampton punishment after hearing
-
EFL5 months agoDavid Storch faces criticism for early decision at Sheffield Wednesday pre-takeover
-
Rangers5 months agoRangers have been given a major lift in the Scottish Premiership title race after the latest BBC report
-
EFL5 months agoBig changes expected at Sheffield Wednesday amid David Storch takeover move
-
Celtic4 months agoScottish Professional Football League respond to Celtic’s decision to block Rangers ticket allocation
-
Rangers5 months agoTransfer update: Rangers agree terms for Queen’s Park’s Harris Afzal
-
Rangers3 months agoSteve Clarke explains stance on Connor Barron after Scotland setback
